The Science Center houses over twenty independent basic science laboratories conducting research in biochemistry, cell biology, molecular biology, genetics and physiology. These research programs are sponsored by the National Institutes of Health, the National Science Foundation, the American Cancer Society, the Foundation for UMDNJ, and many other public and private entities. In addition, the Stratford Division of the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences integrates research with teaching. Collaboration among students, technicians, fellows, and faculty create a exciting environment for innovation and discovery.
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences (GSBS) - The Stratford Division of UMDNJ-GSBS offers seven degree granting programs:
- An interdepartmental program leading to the PhD degree in Cell and Molecular Biology,
- A unique joint DO/PhD program with the UMDNJ-School of Osteopathic Medicine,
- A Master of Science in Cell and Molecular Biology,
- A Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences,
- A Master of Biomedical Sciences (non-thesis),
- A unique joint DO/MS program with the UMDNJ-School of Osteopathic Medicine,
- A unique Master of Biomedical Sciences/ Master of Public Health dual degree program with the UMDNJ-School of Public Health, and
- A Certificate in the Biomedical Sciences.