Professor and Chair
Science Center 2204
- Molecular basis of transcription
- Structure and function of RNA polymerase
Science Center 207B
- Mechanisms of transcription
- RNA polymerase structure and function; mitochondrial transcription
Science Center 108B
- Molecular mechanisms of transcription and its regulation
- Structure and function of bacterial transcription factors GreA, GreB, Gfh1 and DksA that modulate the catalytic activities of RNA polymerase
Science Center 225
- Regulation of adrenocortical function in lizards and birds
- Mechanisms of adrenocortical remodeling with stress and endocrine alterations
Science Center 253
- Pathogenic mechanisms underlying neurodegenerative diseases in an effort to identify avenues of therapeutic intervention
- Gene and cell-based therapies in animal models of disease to create a foundation for possible clinical application
Senior Associate Dean for Research &
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
UDP Building Suite 2200; Science Center 218
- Effect of humoral mediators and inflammatory cells in the pathophysiology of ischemic states
- Effects of dietary lipids on cardiovascular function
- Response of the young and aging heart to ischemia and reperfusion
Science Center 211A
- Functions of microRNA and other related short RNAs in embryonic stem cells during early embryogenesis in the mouse.
Science Center 250
- Pathophysiology of Canavan Disease and Metachromatic leukodystrophy
- Gene therapy of neurodegenerative diseases
Director, Research Animal Facility
Science Center, Vivarium
- Health and care of research animals
Science Center 210
- Inflammation induced by ischemia/reperfusion of individual organs (the heart or liver in rats), and the role of the various inflammatory mediators.
- Role of nitric oxide in the modulation of activation of apoptosis pathways in the rat model of myocardial ischemia-reperfusion.
Science Center 203B
- Factors that regulation yeast mitochondrial transcription in response to stress.
- Mitochondrial metabolism and migration in neural tissue.
- Regulation of catecholamine storage in response to neurostimulants.
Science Center 215A
- Cell aging, cell senescence and cancer.
- Pathogenesis of Alzheimer's Disease.
Science Center 204A
- Mechanisms of ribosome assembly
- Ribosome biogenesis in mammalian cells
UDP Building, Suite 2200A
Science Center 202A
- Investigation of mechanisms of ribosome degradation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
- Regulation of protein expression via ubiquitination.
Science Center 102A
- Synthesis and biological activities of lipid mediators of inflammation: Isoprostanes, Neuroprostanes, Phytoprostanes, Leukotrienes and Prostaglandins
- Synthesis of lipid mediators of resolution: Lipoxins, Resolvins, Neuroprotectins and Maresins
- Clinical studies in areas of inflammation including Autism, Asthma and Alzheimer's disease.
Science Center 206B
- RNA polymerase structure and function
- Regulation of transcription.
Science Center 220
- Cell communication – how cells receive signals and decipher them to respond in an appropriate fashion
- Communication in neuronal cells – both central and peripheral
Adjunct Associate Professor
Academic Center, 344
Science Center 206A
- Inflammation resolution in sepsis.
- Beneficial effects of Lipoxin A4 in resolving inflammation during sepsis.