End User Services
Student Laptop Support Policy
For information about recommended laptop specifications and to purchase a school approved Dell laptop at a discounted price, please visit the Student Laptop web page.
For information about wireless network cards, please review the Wireless Computing web page. You will find details about how to verify network card compatibility, and how to apply for a UMDNJ wireless account and register your laptop.
End User Services provides the following support for student laptops:
- Walk in Service located in the Academic Center, second floor, Suite 292
- Wireless network connectivity - configuration and troubleshooting
- Student CORE account authentication (login)
- Anti-virus software installation
- Configuring laptops to automatically receive security patches and virus updates
- Configuring laptops to print in the Academic Center Computer classrooms AC-273, AC-226 and the Library
The above services will be provided to all incoming students during new student Orientation in August. Current students who wish to use their laptops with the Stratford campus wireless network should consult the Wireless Computing web page for further instructions.
For assistance troubleshooting problems with wireless network connectivity, please contact the Technology Service Center at 6-3200, 856-566-6437, or 732-743-3200. Service Center staff will provide further instructions.
For all other hardware/software problems outside the services listed above, please contact your laptop vendor (if equipment is still under warranty) or a laptop repair service.
SOM-IST, End User Services Laptop Support Policy Summary
|Type of Service||Product||Support|
|School wireless||Wireless 802.11 /b/g/n||Yes|
|Virus software installation||Symantec Endpoint Protection (version 11)||Yes|
|Data backup & transfers||No|
|Operating system upgrades||No|