Jacqueline Giacobbe, MSEd, MA
Office of Academic Affairs
One Medical Center Drive, Suite 210
Stratford, NJ 08084-1501
Phone: (856) 566-6980
Fax: (856) 566-6341
Sterling Crawford, Program Assistant
Phone: (856) 566-6733
Fax: (856) 566-6341
In the current UMDNJ-SOM curriculum, students are exposed to rigorous studies of the latest knowledge base in research and the basic sciences. The curriculum prepares them for clinical studies, stressing the encouragement of lifelong and self-directed learning as a continuous process. The first year of the curriculum stresses a primary care orientation with clinical instruction and community experiences designed to prepare students with a scientific foundation. The foundation is carried forward into the second more clinically oriented year, including an increase in primary care ambulatory training and community based experiences.
Integrated within courses and clinical experiences are innovative components including coursework in ethics, medical informatics, cultural competency, medical humanities, nutrition, pain management and death and dying, Osteopathic Manipulation is integrated throughout the curriculum. Traditional lecture formats are augmented by an emphasis on case-based learning, evidence-based medicine, self-study, computer assisted learning and a multitude of new technologies.
The first and second year curriculum are supported in the Office of Academic Affairs by the implementation of online student appraisal of teaching, the development of the student course schedules and the academic calendar, referrals to instructors regarding course related issues, and the support of the work of the Curriculum Committee, its Task Forces and the Pre-Curriculum student forum. The office also facilitates the creation of Dean’s letters and consults with students on the creation of the curriculum vitae in preparation for the Match.
Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Other times available by appointment.
Stop by suite 210.
Pre-clinical Education is responsible for:
Year I and II
- First Year On-line Class Schedule
- First Year Exam Schedule
Please note these are tentative times for the first year examinations. Examinations are held in the Auditorium except as noted in the online calendar. For the latest information please refer to the UMDNJ online First Year Class schedule.
- Second Year On-line Class Schedule
- Second Year Exam Schedule
Please note these are tentative times for the second year examinations. Examinations are held in rooms 279 and 3000 except as noted in the online calendar. For the latest information, please refer to the UMDNJ online Second Year Class schedule.
Schedule/curriculum/evaluation issues or questions Assistance with preparing Curriculum Vitae.
- Click here for a Sample Curriculum Vitae
- Preparation of Dean's Letters
- Summer Programs - Click below for a list of a wide variety of summer programs for medical students. This is not a comprehensive list of sites where students may complete research since it can be done anywhere. This is a starting point of possible opportunities. If you will be doing a summer activity that involves patient care, you will need to complete an Request to Participate in a Non-Credit Clinical Experience form before you may begin. Additionally, students may contact the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs at 856-566-6066 for further assistance.