The UMDNJ-SOM OPTI offers a broad scope of clinical experiences with faculty renowned in their specialties. The depth of training opportunities, coupled with a large volume of patient cases, affords UMDNJ-SOM OPTI with the opportunity to provide a variety of sub-specialty training programs. Fellowship programs are available at the Kennedy University Hospitals / Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center in Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, Child / Adolescent Psychiatry, Critical Care, Gastroenterology, Geriatrics (IM, FM, Psychiatry), Infectious Diseases, Nephrology, Pulmonary, Endocrinology, and OMM/NMM. Cooper Univeristy Hospital offers Gynecological Oncology fellowship training. Inspira Health Network offers Female Pelvic Medicine/Reconstructive Surgery fellowship training.
All UMDNJ-SOM OPTI fellowship programs are selective programs, offering personal attention under the direction of seasoned educators, most of whom are well known throughout the profession.
To obtain application materials for the fellowship programs at Kennedy University Hosptials / Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center (KUH / OLLMC), select "applications" on the right menu, or contact the UMDNJ-SOM Office of Graduate Medical Education at (856) 566-7121.
Fellowship Entrance Requirements
Applicants are required to:
- Have completed D.O. degree requirements from an AOA accredited School of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Have completed an approved AOA Internship and an AOA approved Residency Program (or equivalent approval from the AOA).
- Meet UMDNJ-SOM OPTI application requirements as set forth in the application materials.
- Have obtained a passing score on Part III of the National Boards / COMLEX-USA.
- Be and remain a member of the AOA during training.
- Comply with the New Jersey State Board of Medical Examiners requirements.
- Comply with University requirements as set forth in contract materials.
- OGME-VI - Must possess a valid New Jersey license.
Certificates of Postgraduate Training (Blank copies can be obtained through the GME Office at UMDNJ- SOM and must be completed by all prior training programs.)
- See prior training requirements below and contact the respective department for updates / changes.
Note: Information is subject to change.