The charter class of the UMDNJ-School of Osteopathic Medicine graduated in 1981 with 21 members. Today, the school graduates more than 150 students each year and that number will climb to 162 with the class of 2016.
Below are some facts about the Alumni Association:
- More than 2,000 alumni members, 1981-2012
- About half of the alumni live and/or practice in New Jersey.
- Nearly half of our alumni are practicing in primary care medicine disciplines.
- One out of every four alumni enters into a family medicine practice.
- An estimated ten percent (10%) of UMDNJ-SOM alumni practice at least 50% of their time in medically underserved communities (MUCs).
- About 15% of our alumni participate in the Annual Fund Campaign. Several alumni have created endowments that support scholarships for perpetuity.